Shoutout to Audio Tweak

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarrenD

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I would just like to give a huge shout out to Ramsey at @Audio Tweak for the work done to my audio system. Some may have seen my comments on the ODAM thread where one of my Valve Audio Exclames was upgraded. The amplifier is truly amazing, and for those that are happy with their Valve Audio equipment but would like to take it to the next level I cannot recommend it enough. Replacing the CAPs and upgrading some of the internal wiring took the sound to a level I didn’t know was possible.

The music became fuller and denser, and the amp is able to peeled back layers of music which I never knew was even there. The term PRaT (pacing, rhythm and attack) which is often used in equipment reviews became a reality to me. The upgrade has added extra space and three dimensionality in the music and being able to hear little nuances and tonal textures has become so addictive. The main desire I had when I sent it to Ramsey was increase in dimensionality and he did not disappoint, the increase especially in depth just make’s listening to songs I was familiar with, a whole new experience. The upgrade still retains the fundamental characteristics of the Exclame but just improves on it in every way. I found that the ODAM caps continued to open more and more over a couple hundred hours, but it was a pleasant journey, because from new they were already an improvement, I do however notice there is a very distinction warmup period required; I find that the extra dimensionality to the music really pops after around 30 mins and improves even further after an hour. I’m fortunate enough to A-B compare my “stock” Exclame to the upgraded Exclame and the differences is substantial.

While in Johannesburg Ramsey also assisted with setting up of my system and I hope I’m not giving any of his trade secrets away but ensuring that you speakers are positioned correctly in your room, the room is adequately damped and lastly that the sound image projected from the speakers is properly centered really can make a profound impact on what we hear. I found that some of the high frequency sharpness what I experienced in my listening space was due to all the hard surfaces in room, even with having several acoustic panels in the space.

Ramsey is so passionate about audio and Audio Tweak is the distributor of Lampizator DACs in SA which after having an opportunity to hear one changed my perception of what music lovers’ term as “analogue sounding”. The integration of valves into a DAC is just on a level that will leave your jaw on the floor. With the right recording you will be as close to as an actual music event as you can get other than being at the event.

Thanks Audio Tweak you’ve changed my life music forever.

Latest posts