The 2024 Global hifi show calendar

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I am a keen follower of the hi-fi circus of shows around the globe. Of course, the Big Daddy and Mommy, the CES, and Highend Munich are big annual news items and attract much attention, but I think the smaller and often regional shows are more interesting. These smaller shows are often friendlier events for enthusiasts and give a good sense of how diverse the hi-fi world is.

There are two shows on the calendar this weekend, and both interest me especially. The first is the Montreal show in Canada, and the other is the Audio Show Deluxe in Northamptonshire, UK.

The Montreal show in Canada is on my bucket list. Canada seems to have a vibrant hi-fi scene and several manufacturers that interest me. I always had the idea that a train trip from NYC to Montreal through the leavy States would be a cool thing to do, and then spend time at the friendly Montreal event.

Here is a link to follow but there are others as well.

https://www.enjoythemusic.com/Montreal_Audiofest_2024/

For perspective, here is a blurb about the show in 2022

The Salon Audio Montréal / Audio Fest 2022 celebrated their impressive 33rd edition of its popular annual meeting from March 25th through 27th at the Bonaventure Hotel in Montreal. Located in the heart of the City of Montreal, the recently renovated hotel was once again be transformed into a multitude of listening rooms to accommodate some 6000 music lovers and nearly 100 exhibitors, representing more than 300 luxury brands of products from the world of high-fidelity audio. Visitors heard, saw, and touched over 300 brands of audio products all under one roof
It was the biggest get-together of audio/video industry manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in Canada. Thousands of attendees came to meet over a hundred exhibitors, all eager to share their passion for music by demonstrating some of the world's best sound systems from $1000 to $1,000,000.​
This is of note; look at the stats.. 6000 visitors, 100 exhibitors and 300 brands and prices from $1000 to 1,000,000. A comparison with SA in terms of the hifi scene is very unfair to my mind. Let's just look at some comparative economic indicators:

South Africa Canada
Population 59,894,000 38,930,000
GDP/per capita $10,551 $38,065.13
Average income $6,780 $52,960
Unemployment 25.1% 7.3%

https://www.worlddata.info/country-comparison.php?country1=CAN&country2=ZAF

I am under no illusion of what the SA market and consumer can bear. It doesn't make me enjoy following the glitz and diversity that hifi shows around the world dish up less.

I am looking forward to the news from Montreal and the UK, and hopefully, we can discuss some of the feedback. It would be wonderful if there were people from the forum who could also give us 1st hand reports.

Last edited:

Latest posts