FS -DACs VH Audio V-Caps, new Audio Tweak agency.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audio Tweak

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Want to improve your system's tonality and musicality?
Want to save some money and stop upgrading through the endless and perpetual buy-and-sell constant wheel of the nasty upgrade bug?

A simple components/parts upgrade can help you get closer to your goal...

We're very happy and proud to announce this new and fab agency from VH Audio, famously known for their V-Cap Teflon film capacitors.
They have a pretty recent cap called the ODAM, yes I know what you'll be thinking "Oh Damn!", don't worry, so did I!

We've been modding and tweaking for eons, have gone through just about almost all capacitor brands known to man, Jupiter copper/wax, Duelund, Theta, Multi-Caps, etc, all have their strengths and weaknesses, one of our recent favs were the Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps. I have however been looking for something a bit more special, more sexy so to speak, I needed something that does not overemphasise the top-end or timbers and something natural but without too much of its own character. So I recently modded my Linear Tube Audio ZOTL 40 MK2 first with 0.01uF V-Caps TONE (actually made for musician gear), what attracted me to this cap was the combo of copper and paper in oil tech, about dozens of different caps had been through this particular circuit, the ZOTL amp can be a bit on the dry side of neutral, lacking a bit of musicality, its fast and furious for a 40W amp for sure, but could certainly do with a bit of sweetness. The TONE caps fixed this.

Now to the LampizatOr Golden Gate MK2 DAC, previously I had the Mundorf Silver/Gold caps on the output, I have read many reviews which mentioned a little tilt in the upper-mids and a slight forwardness through that range regarding this particular Mundorf cap, after having lived with the Golden Gate DAC for a few years, I thought it was time to see what the ODAM cap might bring to the party. Well colour me impressed, I was totally blown away, one can always get an immediate idea straight after modding, it takes a few days for the caps to go through their valleys and dips, honestly even sounding nasty to the point of almost giving-up, modders will know exactly what I mean.

7 days later...

Something happened yesterday as the system was running in with the new caps, instruments began to pop out in all 3D planes with vast spaces between them as if the "falsely disguised textures" which were clogging the sound by the Mundorfs had been totally cleaned up. timbers and textures remained intact but with better spaces and a blacker background. So a guitar or keyboard would pop out from the mix and separate so clearly that one didn't need to make an effort to make sense of the soundstage or placement of instruments. Probably the first time in eons that I have experienced this hallucinogenic-like phenomena.

Anyone wanting to totally transform their amp, source, etc. Feel free to ask more about the above mods, we're based in Cape Town and will happily consult with you to get you to your ideal goal sonically. The new ODAM caps are off the chart mind-blowingly insane and something I have not experienced in years. Meeting the best of Telfon and paper in oil together in sonic terms. Tonality becomes rich-like and timbers and textures are spooky real. Slam and PRAT goes though the roof too! What a magical experience!

Save your hard earned pennies by not recycling your gear through second hand sites, FB marketplace, Gumtree, etc. The potential of your system to achieve ideal synergy is greater than you could possibly imagine (unless boom-boxes of course). Feel free to ask, we're here to help.

Some reviews and pics below...

Feedback from a Hi-Fi Club member....

Arnold review.jpg

Comments of some users and beta testers on the ODAM capacitors...

More feedback on modders...

Some mods pics we did...

Linear Tube Audio ZOTL 40MK2 mod...
ZOTL-V-Cap TONE mod.jpg

V-Cap TONE.jpg

LampizatOr Golden Gate MK2 Mundorf Silver/Gold caps removal...
Lampi GG with Mundorf-removal.jpg

LampizatOr Golden Gate MK2 DAC newly added V-Caps ODAM capacitors...
Lampi GG with V-CAP ODAM-modded.jpg

Some nice pics... ;-)

ODAM caps...
odam-dac-lg.jpg

TONE caps...
_DSC9305-350.jpg

VH Audio caps assortment...
crossover-600.jpg

More info about our company here:
www.audiotweak.co.za

Last edited: