Mission M35 crossover woes

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sproggit

Reaction score
SO,
After several years in storage, Im finally happy with a room to unpack my carefully stored Mission M35s (Yes, I know many people think they are kak, I don't care I like they way they sound(ed)) and custom VA Predator.
I go ahead and build a streaming music quietPC, with a M-Audio 192 24 bit PCI.
Linux installed, low latency kernel & tweaks done, My music collection is ripped from DVD-Audio, SACD and so on, all good quality.
Plug it all in, and it sounds .....
ok.

I expected better than 'ok. .. something aint right.

Must have buggered up that masterpiece of an amp, and I especially moved it in my car, and not with the moving company so they wouldn't hurt it....
Send out an SOS to Schalk, and start looking for replacement 6922's ... for cheap ... moving countries makes a PERMANENT dent in your lifestyle.

Hang on, maybe it's not the amp, I'll use the wifes bluetooth / T - Amp unit to double check, maybe my PC is b0rked.
Sounds even MORE kak.

Nothing coming out from the midrange speaker, and only an asthmatic wheezing from the tweeter.

Pop out the crossover and connect directly to the mid ... THERE'S that sweet sound.

SO, my M35 crossover is NFG.

Anyone have a schematic? ... Also if it's the 400uf snubber? (I hope so, surely it won't be in the signal path) NP electrolytic that's bad, replacing it is going to be... fun.

Latest posts