Day 31

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #31

Soon my little chickens?.. soon? you will be able to buy smokes again!  :BWAHAHAH:

Resident 3 finished sealing the bird feeder he made yesterday & hung it in the tree. Now we wait for the birdies to arrive...

Resident 2 decided the pot & pebbles feature ?we? did yesterday needed to be repositioned pointing 45 degrees to the left. FFS, it?s like hanging paintings! I duly obliged, muttering the ?happy wife, happy life? mantra, mentally querying the wisdom of the mantra when I was clearly unhappy with life at that instant in time.

Having taken heed of my grumbling,  :angrywife: made lunch today ? a pizza pie of sorts. Make pizza dough, roll it out into a rectangle then down the long side place in layers in the centre as follows: Mozzarella, diced tomato, diced onions, diced chilies, pre-cooked mince, top with grated Parmesan. Fold one side over the filling, layer more cheese (cheddar this time) then fold the other side over. Fold ends over, then slice into 4 pieces. Close ends, brush top with egg yolk & bake. Just before it?s ready add a slice of tomato & grated cheese on top & then grill for 5 minutes. Yum. Supper won?t be necessary. Although the teens will probably be hungry, it?s their permanent state of being.

Resident 4 purchased Sims 4 & a bunch of expansion pack add-ons so spent the day playing that, exiting her room only for food & drink. I am anticipating square eyes & a headache complaint at around 19h00.

I finally finished sorting through the Beethoven LP?s today. Then also got through the Boccherini & Brahms LP?s. Sorted about 50 or so in total.

One thing I have noticed whilst cataloguing the last 250 odd classical LP?s is that LP?s from the 1950?s & 60?s are mostly 180g or 200g, (specifically DG, Decca & RCA Red Seal) then during the 70?s many got a lot lighter ? some as light as (it feels like) 100/120g. Sonically I cannot hear any difference, I just have a chuckle at today?s BS marketing targeted at all the Hipsters, who fervently believe the hype of "180g Audiophile vinyl?.
I also detest it when LP?s are referred to as vinyl. Vinyl is an 80's floor covering at worst, a loudspeaker wrap at middling & a 70?s motor vehicle seat at best. It is NOT an LP. I can easily accept the word ?Record? as interchangeable with LP. But never vinyl.
Just think about it ? there is Record store Day. Not Vinyl store day. I have never seen a vinyl store ever. Bloody stupid hipster terminology.

Sorting the aforementioned LP?s has been an education (listening to music I have not heard before) as well as affirmation of what I do and do not like. Sonata?s ? be they piano or violin or both are a NO. Likewise for Trios, Quartets & Quintets. This possibly also explains why I do not enjoy jazz either. Concertos are good. As are Symphonies. Opera, hmmm some. Overtures & choruses mainly.
Some 250 done, another 1,700 more ? last composer in the collection is Ziehrer!

Latest posts