Day 21

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #21

First - an edit for Day #20:
It was resident 4 who made the Pizookie, not resident 3. Sorry. She made another one today. Just as yum. We need to go buy some ice cream though, as that will top it off perfectly.

This morning started off well:
We started a batch of dry wors yesterday (the lazy way ? store bought thin wors placed in the biltong dryer) & that was looking great this morning.  :2thumbs:
Then not so well:
I was unable to find my coffee mug. You know, THE mug that coffee always tastes best in, the one that over the years has moulded itself perfectly to the shape of your hand & that has some irrational sentimental meaning. Searching through additional cupboards revealed a lack of mugs, plates & cutlery.  :fuse:

Entry into the Honeymoon Suite revealed a virtual sideboard with cutlery drawer. Including MY coffee mug. Strategically strewn all over the suite.
An enquiry as to how any honeymoon activity could take place with so many dishes resulted in much blushing and ?Ah Daaad? groans.
The order to GTFO & clean the pigsty RFN saw their sense of humour reach the same depths as mine (it was 06h15 & they don?t normally emerge before 10h00). To add insult I also informed them they needed to wash the dishes by hand & I wanted my mug, with coffee, within 5.  :baseball:
Coffee in hand I then traced Resident 2?s well-trodden path around the property for 10 minutes to ?realign my chakras? or some such rubbish hipster term meaning ?calm my tits down?. It worked. Sort of. Suggesting that the honeymoon couple do the same to calm themselves down was met with zero enthusiasm. The look on my face (I wasn?t THAT calm yet) saw them take their coffee and do so. I think more to get away from me than to calm down, but whatever.

The day moved forward with semi-calmness.

Resident 2 did not patrol the property this morning. Instead she retired to the naughty children?s punishment room  dungeon  basement and started using the Trojan Powerstack 500. (It?s a home gym thing, not THAT type of Trojan)!
Apparently the fear of getting fat is increasing exponentially to the amount of red wine consumed the day before.

She also continued with propagating more plants, today was the day to ?strike the roses?. Apparently the particular roses are no longer grown/sold (Roses have names, who would?ve thought?) so the only way to propagate more is to ?strike? them. I thought the Powerstack 500 had gone to her head & was about to call the men in white suits, but it is evidently a legit phrase & thing to do.

Whilst she was doing that I cleaned some of my toys & ran two much needed errands.

Some of the residents decided that slap chips were a great idea for lunch. Using McCain frozen chips.  :puke: Not even sure how or when that rubbish entered the house.
This resulted in a great big noise (resident screaming) & oil splattering all over the kitchen. Who would?ve thought that frozen chips + hot oil have a natural aversion for one another? And turns oil rancid almost instantaneously. Go figure. Entire house still reeks of rancid chip oil. Residents 2 to 5 spent an hour cleaning the mess.  :tongue:

Checked bandwidth usage & am grateful for uncapped & unshaped fibre. 410GB since 1 April. That?s more than we usually use in a month & it?s only the 16th! Small wonder residents 3 through 5 are starting to get rectangular shaped eyes!

Finally sorted a trusted manufacturer of washable & reusable cotton face masks (branded) with certification down to 0,2 micron with pricing that we are happy with. A sample will be delivered tomorrow & if the quality is good then we can offer them to our clients from next week.

Ons gaan nou braai.

Brandy still tastes Kak.