Day 32

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #32

Freedom Day ? that?s a bit of a laugh!  :sd: Not only is there no freedom, it?s also been a pretty miserable day in Jozi. Chilly & windy.

However plenty of freedumb was noticed out on social media today. Must?ve been the weather.

It is interesting to note that in times of stress induced fear, many people tend toward right wing bias. I wonder if it is a reflection on our skewed society (and obviously my peer group, the majority being middle-aged whites)? I find it rather disturbing to see how easily people are wont to or manipulated into right leaning tendencies.
Additional culling took place today: when folks start referencing Breitbart & Epoch Times to provide ?facts? then I know it?s time to say goodbye. Without a tenor to give them a rousing send-off either.

I?m also constantly astounded by how people believe it is their right to state their opinion, yet have no legitimate facts to back it up, & when challenged respond with the statement ?I?m entitled to my opinion?, as if that makes it OK to spew BS.
The only opinion you are ever entitled to is the one you can defend with solid fact based evidence. Otherwise it is simply BS.

Carried on cataloguing LP?s today. Got through Berlioz, Bruch, & Bruckner. Made a hesitant start on Chopin.
Which then proved to be really easy. Nope, I do not like solo piano. 5 minutes or so of each side of each LP & I was done in 6 hours or so. Only kept 2 (Concertos, so piano with orchestra) of the 50 odd LP?s.
Continued on with Debussy (most of which went the same way as Chopin) & then Delibes, Donizetti & Dvorak. So got through about 100 LP?s today.

Whenever I see an LP that somebody has written on I wonder why? What made them put pen to cover & deface it? Came across a few today; one with a 48th wedding anniversary dedication, another where someone had written the track lengths and as always one or two where people felt the need to write their names on the outer cover.

Residents 3 & 4 were scarce the whole day, playing Minecraft & Sims 4 respectively, emerging only for food & drink.

Resident 2 finished her coffin nails today. Interesting times ahead?

The bird feeder for the frugivorous birds is being well attended by glossy starlings & loeries, so that has worked out well.
The cats are having a fine time stalking the seed eaters every morning, without any success as they get seen every time they hop up a level in the garden (garden is ?stepped? on different levels). It does provide us with amusement over the first cup of coffee every morning though!
The Indian Myna?s were becoming a nuisance, screeching & chasing the other birds away. Made short shrift of one & the others vanished. That will probably keep them away for a few weeks again. Bloody vermin.

Brannas starting to become more palatable these days?

Latest posts