Seeking Advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koganm

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope alls well, enjoying the weekend and breathing a sigh of relief after winning the bonus points😀.

So here goes… I still consider myself a noob in the AV field and I intend on purchasing my first proper setup (after having renovated with this in mind).

The room itself is open plan and around 5x5. In addition, we enjoy movies and music alike (very often at high volumes🤣)

I’ve been keeping an eye out on the goings on wrt pricing and specs alike. With the above in mind and the fact that I have not decided on a setup as yet, I have come across the following package and I would really appreciate any and all feedback from the community.
- Pair of Monitor Audio silver RS8’s
- Pair of Monitor Audio silver 50’s

The above package for R13k and it’s apparently in pristine condition. What I’d like to know is:
1. Is it worth the price?
2. How would they perform in an open plan area as mentioned (hope this is a valid question 🫣)
3. Any suggestions on an amp that I could use ?
4. Can the silver 50’s be used as surround?
5. I understand that they’ve been discontinued for a while now but are they still relevant and repairable should the need arise?

If I’m moving in the wrong direction regarding my thought process or questioning, please feel free to criticise.

Tia
Kogan

Latest posts