Some advice for my new room, keep or sell VXT 8?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigboy529

Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a pare of KRK VXT 8 studio monitors from a previous life / career. They are still in excellent condition with very low hours, even though they are around 10 years old.

I recently moved house and no longer require a audio setup warranting the VXT's at my computer, but I want to put a proper audio setup in my living / TV room.

It's quite a big space around 10 x 5m and it's kind of open plan flowing threw to the kitchen as well. The other problem in terms of future acoustic treatment is that it's a thatched roof house so it's double volume with no ceilings.

My focus will be listening to music so stereo, even though I will probably connect the TV to the system as well, but I can quite confidently say I won't easily get a 5.1 surround system or something in future since I'm not at all a TV / movie person.

Though the VXT 8's are awesome monitors, I'm scared that they will be too small for the space since it's after all near fields and though they have quite a broad stereo hotspot when set up at a desk, I'm scared that they'll get lost in a bigger space.

What would you do, would you say I should sell the VXT's and try get a Hi-Fi setup (amp and speakers) more or less for the same money?

Just also want to add, 80% of the time I listen to music at lower volumes, quality is more important to me than volume, so I want something which can nicely fill the room even at lower volumes if that makes any sense.
I mainly stream Apple Music, I'm waiting for the WiIm Pro to become available and then I'll add a proper DAC to the setup later, probably a Zen One Signature.

Nickus

Latest posts