Newbie requiring some guidence : Speaker Placement Atmos config

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaleonardz

Reaction score
Hey All,

Name is Leonard, and this would be my first official post, I am absolutely clueless, but started venturing down the home theatre realm a few weeks ago, and I am building my first setup.

Setup currently
Denon X3300 7.1
No sub
Seriously crap center channel and rears that I actually need to pay someone to get rid of it...
Wharfedale 10.6 fronts.

Today I acquired.
Bentley Acoustics FS110, FC100 and FR80. meaning 2 floor stands, a center channel and a set of satellites/bookshelf's. I know they are all too small, but I can upgrade individually in the future.

My wharfedale 10.6's I am going to use as floor standing rears, because they are awesome, the sony crap is going into the bin.

Forgive that the place looks like a construction zone with a mild child infestation, that's because it is a construction zone.

Lounge setup .jpg

Fronts are good, what I need help with is placement of the surround.

As my lounge is open plan with my kittchen, I do not have direct apposing walls

Option 1 would be, taking a straight line between the walls that I do have, and angling the speakers with a focal point of the rear couch,

Rear Setup 1.jpg

Option 2 would be to do a ceiling mount a tiny bit behind the couch, but angling down at the rear couch,
Option 3 would be to do a wide front with the surrounds above the TV, and the 10.6's at the back as a complete rear.
Rear Setup 2.jpg

I would appreciate any guidance you folk can offer, wiring is not a concern in any scenario.

Other side of kitchen wall for reference.
Kitchen wall.jpg

Last edited: