Help need onkyo av amp checked, or...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King_Julian_S

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi guys.

My onkyo tx nr929 av amp decided to stop playing on the one channel, front main speakers.
Any reccomendations who I can ask to help look at it, or any ideas if you know this amp?

I Just tested a basic speaker cable swop left to right etc.. and both speakers and cables work fine, but only on the one side.

These amps got so many speaker connectors and settings 😭🙈, but I am basically only using the front main, surround back and centre. So I was wondering if possibly other options can be, i.e. That I could use a different speaker output for my fronts , say front high or low or wide 🤔🙈..
Anyway connecting to any of those, right and left seems to also just output nothing, so not sure if front mains is a prereq for all those others perhaps?

Or maybe if I can, is it possible to have a second power amp, perhaps a typical audio/non avr amp to use for the fronts via the AV(almost use it as a pre/control for another power amp) and still have the back surrounds and centre via the AV.

Or must I just get that channel looked at and fixed, or what other ideas can you give me..

Front mains is the most important for me to listen to music offcourse.. But for movies etc the others and especially centre is also nice to have.

Latest posts