Advice needed for living room setup.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CK

Reaction score
HI,

I've posted this previously on the wrong forum.

I'm looking for an audio setup for my living room with a R20k max R30k budget, my living room is open plan and the dimensions is 10m x 10m. The main goal is to stream Apple Music from my phone, and maybe connect it to my TV via HDMI. I'm not looking for a solution that has surround sound speakers. A 2.0 or 2.1 system will do fine. I have googled a bit and it seem active speakers will more likely fit in my budget as an entry level amp alone can easily be R20k. I need advice as there is a bewildering array of options to choose from. I do enjoy good quality sound, but I'm not an audiophile. I really enjoy punchy bass, and my choice in music is pop with some dance music. So I would lean a little bit more towards a system that has power over absolute clarity.

I've attached photo of my built in wall unit. Will it be advisable to put the speakers inside the the wall unit. Or should they rather be freestanding in front of it on the floor?

The small TV on the right can be moved to a different location.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 12.22.18_4b5ef31c.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 12.22.18_4b5ef31c.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 3