HELP - my system keeps tripping my earth leakage

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfandy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am hoping for a bit of advice:

I am seriously struggling with my main home theater system at the moment. It keeps tripping the earth leakage in my house when I switch the system on. However, it does not happen every time - but regularly enough to be a major nuisance. Probably about every 3rd to 4th time I switch on the system.

Here some details:
  • System comprises of a Marantz AV7703 Processor, Rotel RMB-1095 and RMB-1050 amps, 2x Parasound 2150 amps, sub, TV, and a bunch of smaller stuff (DSTV decoder, Harmony hub, Sonos port, etc.)
  • Amps and sub are connected via trigger to Marantz
  • I have 2 separate power circuits for my system (separate breakers in DB board). Marantz and Rotel RMB-1095 are connected to circuit 1 (via Isotek power conditioner), everything else to circuit 2
  • An electrician has already 'meggered' every circuit in my house - no insulation faults in my house wiring. Every circuit incl. the 2 for my system show clean
  • I used to have a number of surge protector plugs (red or green) around the house (and on this system) and have now removed them. This seems to have reduced the number of trips
  • The tripping only occurs when switching on the system
  • However, is is not permanent. Sometimes I can switch on the system for a couple of times without problems, sometimes it trips back-to-back
  • I cannot relate the trips to anything else going on around the house. It occurs both when a number of other things around the house are on as well as when basically the rest of the house is off
My electrician has no idea what else to do, and I am going nuts...

Any ideas what could be causing this? How to solve the problem?

I have also thought of taking the circuit for the Marantz and RMB-1095 off earth leakage. What do you guys think?

Latest posts