What measurements to consider and subwoofer integration?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joffieb

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently learnt on a general level is that in setting up speakers, it is not just frequency response and trying to get them to match a house curve that REW can be used for but that one must also consider the measurements of IR for reflections and Distortion figures. My question is, what else is something to look to correct? (I already look at the spectrogram window to make sure there isn't much late reflection). Thanks

Also, I want to integrate my sub better as I'm getting distortion when it plays alongside my right speaker. It is a totally analogue system (i.e. separate outputs from my preamp go to my power amp and sub. Any correction is done digitally between the streamer and the DAC). If anyone has a tutorial that they can point me to, I'd really appreciate it. Again, I have no facility to differentiate the time delays between the speakers and the sub and all I can change is position, gain and crossover.

Thanks so much!!!

Latest posts