Denon DM-41 Relay Issue

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humfr33

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have noticed that my Denon DM-41 mini hifi system has developed some peculiar behaviour regarding its relays. After about an hour or so of use and turning the system off, the relays continue to click and the standby light flickers after the system has switched off. The clicking and flickering can continue for minutes after switch off (I haven't tested to see if it happens indefinitely) and when turning the system back on and off again the same behaviour occurs. It takes unplugging the receiver from the wall and reconnecting to get it to behave normally.

1) Does anyone know if it is a known fault? I haven't been able to find any mention of behaviour like this online.
2) While the behaviour doesn't seem to affect operation, I am concerned that it could get worse. The hifi is only 18 months old but it is out of warranty. Is it worth sending it to Denon to have it looked at or will they just tell me to buy a new unit?
3) Is it worth getting someone else to have a look at it? I am handy, but I don't feel confident rummaging around in the insides of the receiver. It still works perfectly otherwise.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Latest posts