Expanding 5.1 HT in bedroom - but how???

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfandy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have a 5.1 system in my bedroom, which is my main HT. The room is 6.5m x 4m and the bed is against the wall and slightly off to the center of the room (due to the hallway). Fronts are Klipsch floorstanders with matching center, rears are in-ceilings. I currently have some spare power amplifier channels available, so am contemplating of expanding the system - but am not sure what is the most sensible way. Any additional speaker would need to be in-ceiling as I do not want clutter the room.

Do I change the existing rears to Back Surrounds and add Left/Right Surround as indicated as (1) below? With the bed against the wall, I obviously cannot add speakers behind my listening position. Would expanding from 5.1 to 7.1 make sense - even if the L/R Surround would be slightly in front of my listening position? Where would I best place them?

Do I add Atmos and go 5.1.2 - or even 7.1.2? And where would I position those speakers? As per (2) below?

Or does none of this make sense in a room that size and i should rather spend the money on something more useful?

Would appreciate your input/opinions  :)

Latest posts