System Integration and Calibration 2.1ch listening

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morne Strauss

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Good day all!

I am currently at a juncture. I recently made some upgrades to my system. Upgraded from Klipsch RP8000f to the RF-7 iii fronts and RC-64 centre. I am very happy with the home theatre/movie listening. The music part however in my listening space is "bugging" me though. I feel something is missing.

I have run through all different types of setups on the AVR on the "2ch playback" setting tab and I cannot find the best sounding configuration. When listening to a song I am conflicted between what it sounds like and what it's "supposed" to sound like?

System specs below:
Marantz 7015 - Powering the center and surrounds.
2 x Cambridge Audio Azur 851w - Powering the RF7's fronts.
2 x SVS PB2000's for the low end

Room has been treated to quite a large extent. Nothing for bass treatment though. Highs and reflections mostly. The room has a large volume of space to "Fill". No ceiling

Very happy with the high-end. At least I think I am.

I think my main issue is getting the blend right between the fronts and the subwoofers. I would like to make use of both because the subwoofers will definitely "complete" the sound image in my space.

I have played with "Large" and LFE+Main @ different crossovers. This sounds good but then I can hear the highs are not as clear vs "Small" and LFE. The former sounding very light in the pants. I hope I am making sense.

There is also a possibility I am fishing for that "perfect" blend which might be out of reach.

I guess what I am asking is that if someone is willing to come out to my place and assist me in getting the proper setup done. Also need an outside opinion/ear to tell me it sounds great OR crap and let's do x,y and z to sort it out.

Loving the forum as always. Have read quite a few informative posts.

Attached are the pics of the treatment done so far. Excluding the sides walls. Only did the roof and front wall. Which in its own right mad a massive difference for the reflections.

Attachments

• Pic 1 Acoustic treatment.png
    Pic 1 Acoustic treatment.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Pic 2 Acoustic treatment.png
    Pic 2 Acoustic treatment.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Pic 3 Acoustic treatment.png
    Pic 3 Acoustic treatment.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts