Monitor Audio speaker advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltraMunX

Reaction score
Howzit all.

So this my first time actually posting in a forum (other than my introduction post here)… sorry for the long story.

I recently picked up a decent set of used MA Silver RS 8s to upgrade my old and well used MA Silver S10s. They came bundled with a set of Bronze BR-FX surrounds and a BR-LCR center. -

Just playing around, I set everything up with my existing 5.1 kit to see how a 9.1 Dolby Atmos set up could sound with PS5 games… 🤯. Let’s just say I’m now keen for a more permanent set up.

I’m thinking I’d like to try find some older model MA bookshelf speakers to use for the front high and channels, and maybe a set for the rear as well. Currently I have the FX in front high and the S10s in the rear. But I don’t love the the 3 sided boxes, and I’m not sure about bipole/dipole, how it works or if this is the right place for it. and the S10 are way too big in the rear for my small space.

I suppose what I’m looking for advice on is:
A) can anyone give me an idea on what the FX, LCR (I already have a better one) and s10s (not in the best cosmetics but still sound decent) could be worth if I was to try sell them?
B) Not sure I’d let the S10s go just yet. They are like old friends, and I could maybe move them to another room. but think they could do with a service. Any advice where to send them for some love? (I’m Durban based.)

Last edited: