DStv Streaming On Apple TV - Strange Behaviour

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I recently disconnected one of my decoders because my coax cable isn't long enough to reach the room I want the other TV in, so I decided to just stream to my Apple TV4k instead. I only watch football in this room on Saturdays and since I started doing this I have noticed a weird phenomenon. If the play is moving quickly from the right of the frame to the left the image degrades dramatically, almost like there isn't enough bandwidth to show it in high res (1080p). It all gets very blocky and today during the Everton / Palace game it actually froze just as Everton were getting a shot on target. This doesn't happen when play moves in the opposite direction at all (left to right).

I am pretty sure this must have something to do with the app and how it is processing movement on the screen. Has anybody else noticed this? I am watching on an older Sony Bravia LCD 40" and my fibre line is a solid 50/50. The Apple TV is less than 6m away from the router.

Latest posts