Apple TV 4K Question

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FILV

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents/Ladies

So i just purchased an Apple TV 4K and unfortunately Eskom decided to bless us with Stage 6 load shedding.
My question is, is it safe to connect it to my modified sinewave Mecer 1200 Inverter?

I know that on other Mac products apparently it is advisable to only connect them to a pure sinewave inverter.
would this be the case for an Apple tv?
Ive been so afraid if breaking it that i have been manually unplugging the hdmi cable from my avr and the power cable before every load shedding session, which i don't like doing so many times either.

On another note... my thoughts so far with an hour or two of playing with the Apple tv.... wow,wow WOW!
I am in love with my systems all over again! Listened to a few tracks on Apple music, and listed to a few Spatial audio tracks. My goodness. I have heard details on songs that i had not heard before. The imaging of the tracks are simply amazing. And i haven't even tried a hi res tracks yet! That will be something to look for.

It is very cool also now to have Netflix and Disney + with Atmos and 4K now.
so far i am very impressed, and glad it was worth its premium price.

All this came about when i realized my PlayStation 4 was not 4k (so no 4k on Netflix) and my Mu7000 Samsung TV was not Atmos compatible (so no Atmos on Netflix)
The Apple Tv modernized my system with out me having to buy a new Tv.
Now to watch some Youtube videos to see how to get the best out of it.