DStv HD 2 PVR Power Supply Issue

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I've had my 2nd decoder unplugged for about 2 months as the cabling doesn't reach the room I have decided to use as a 2nd TV room (I have been streaming using Apple TV4K there). So I have a brain wave this morning and thought I would connect it up anyway and plug into a monitor I have on a rolling trolly.

I plugged everything in and no power was coming into the decoder. I then got behind it, checked all the connections and turned the little DC plug input to the decoder slightly. I saw a brief bit of light coming out of the optical port at the back but then it went off again. Looking at the power brick I see that the little green LED is pulsing lightly. Nothing lights up on the decoder. If I unplug the power supply from the decoder the power brick LED lights solid green again.

Any idea what the issue could be here? Has the decoder been fried maybe? Or is it the power supply that's the problem?