Dolby Atmos home cinema tour - Barco / Trinnov / Wisdom Audio (Telford, UK)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Irwin

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
In September I was able to visit the UK and enjoy the hospitality of various AV companies and Distributors.
However one of the highlights of the trip was visiting this private home cinema.

I connected with the owner of this home cinema on an online AV forum.
Through some discussions, he had submitted a shopping list of equipment presented to him by his AV dealer and asked simply: "if there was equipment you would change from this list, what would you"
The summary of equipment that I recommended was as follows:
• Anthem AVM 90 to a Trinnov Audio Altitude 16
• some Sony projector to a Barco Residential Balder (I can't recall which Sony, because I don't know the product offering because it seems Sony are not represented in South Africa?)

If you know me, you will know that I am a big fan of Anthem (I will be using one in my own demo home cinema that is being built in December). However, at the time, the Anthem AVM 90 was not available, the delay in the public release meant that we didn't have an indication of when it was going to be available. This meant that I could easily recommend the Trinnov as it is a unit I am quite familiar with.
The Barco was similarly an easy recommendation, as I have first hand experience working with the Barco Balder in one of my own home cinemas here in Camps Bay, Cape Town.

After all was said and done, the client extended an invitation for me to visit his home cinema if I was ever to visit the UK. This was an opportunity that I was certainly not going to let by.
So in September 2022, on the 3rd day of my cross-UK trip, I visited Telford and experienced this home cinema in person. I had a good long chat to the owner and gave my comments and feedback. Most importantly, I made sure that I took my camera equipment with me and shot some footage for this video.

I would like to make note that I did make 1 small mistake in the video that the client alerted me to it last night: the subwoofers are 2 x Wisdom Audio STS & 2 x S90i.
Oh and someone in the comments section of one of the other AV forums was very upset that I didn't know which Kaleidescape products I was pointing at. (I did have a discussion with him about the fact that Kaleidescape, like Sony, are not really available in South Africa, so this was the second time I have ever seen any Kaleidescape equipment in person)

Last night the client informed me that he has decided to upgrade from the Lumagen to a madVR Labs Extreme, which is is quite excited about.

If you would like to know about this home cinema, or would like a home cinema for yourself. Please feel free to get in contact. I would be happy to assist 😄📽️🔊