Time to introduce myself by means of my audio journey...

Gerry1965

AVForums Member
Reaction score
marantz123 said:
Welcome Gerry !!

You got me wondering....there is a certain "Gerry" who found a pair of Leak TL12.1's at a garage sale for a few hundred ZAR some years ago, and the gent has been converting the analog stages on CD players from IC to valve driven since the introduction of CD in South Africa, and he has quite a collection of other vintage valve amps, Radford and others, meticulously restored by himself....  do you know him very very well by any chance ?

Hi Marantz123,

Nope, unfortunately not.  Would like to meet him though, sounds like an interesting gent who has amazing passion for the vintage side of audio.

Xissara

Beginner Audiophile, Architect, Artist & Dj
Reaction score
Wow. These are essentially such interesting stories, that would be wonderful to commit to oral history format. I have this fantastic USB plug in mic that makes me feel like a podcaster, but researching what to interview about has been the next phase of that project development.

New member here, navigating all the boards and places and topics of interest wondering if we have a podcast forum here. Or if there are any other members here who would like to tell detailed narratives such as this?