Barco home cinema projectors

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Irwin

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
How do we understand the benefits of home cinema projectors when there is a world out there that we are not even aware of?
This is a challenging question to answer. As an AV dealer and particularly a home cinema enthusiast, it becomes challenging knowing what we should be working with, when there is traditionally "very little information" available out there. I say "very little information" in parenthesis because there are certainly plenty of spec sheets available... but spec sheets and real world performance often differ.

There is however a particular saving grace in home cinema. Home cinema is driven by many measurable metrics.
To achieve an HDR image across a certain projected area, we require a set minimum amount of image brightness, uniformly across the projection screen. Of course there are many other factors that come into play:
Frame rate, peak brightness, screen size (relative to viewing distance). Before starting to think about installation requirements.

I was very fortunate that in February this year I was invited to Barco's worldwide head office for a private full factory tour, followed by a session on the Barco Residential home cinema range of projectors.
Let me just say it out loud: I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity I was given, but I do want to add that it did also come with several months of planning to ensure that everything was in-place for my visit to take place. Besides Visa's to visit Belgium. Ensuring that there was a time slot available for me to be given a factory tour. Aligning my dates so that Bart (Business Development Manager EMEA) was available to meet me there (his job is incredibly important and the fact that he took a day out of his schedule to meet me is incredibly humbling). Possibly one of the most important points however was that the new home cinema demonstration room was completed.

And then eventually (via the UK) I made it to Belgium and the town of Kortrijk.

I would like to encourage you to watch this short video from my time at the factory and let me know if you have any questions about Barco. I would be happy to answer

Lets just say, that realistically, there is a projector from Barco for every private home cinema requirement.