Asus Xonar D2/PM not emitting any sound

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inn3rs3lf

Reaction score
Hi there guys,

I am new to this forum, as I have been posting this problem on numerous forums across the interwebz, and no one can seem to help me :(

I have recently purchased a D2, and I just cannot get the thing to output any sound.

I have double checked every setting, uninstalled realtek onboard audio, disabled it in bios. Using the asus Xonar aydio device as my output in windows. I have plugged in both my headphones and 2.1 speakers, while setting the audio center at the following:

Channels :2 Sample Rate: 44.1Khz Analogue Out: 2 speakers (when using my 2.1 speakers) and headphones (when using my headphones) SPDIF is unchecked

The sound is registering via the software center on the EQ, you can see sounds being played, but nothing is actually heard.

I have been searching forums, and everyone's fix is the analogue out setting. But i have tried them all, with all different combinations.

Please, there must be some Audiophile out there that can assist?

I am using windows 7 64bit with the Steelseries 7H without the USB sound card, plugging the 3.5mm jacks into the mic, and front inputs on the back of the card as per the Asus manual.

Last night i was fiddling again, and when i set the card to 7.1, and plugged the headphone jack into one of the other inputs, like side speaker or whatever, i could hear a very very faint sound. as in the music playing. But nothing from the front input on the back of the card.

Latest posts