Advice needed on Marantz SR5007 or Yamaha RXV673

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F1racer007

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need advice on which would be the better receiver.

My two options are the Marantz SR5007 and  the Yamaha RX V673.

The Marantz combo deal at Dion wired includes the Jamo S428 for about 12K, i was thinking of getting this and selling the speakers for about R4k - R4,5 making the receiver about R8k.

The Yamaha is retailing online also for about R9k so they are both evenly priced in the event that i sell the speakers.

Firstly is R4 -4.5K a realistic selling price on these speakers brand new?

Secondly the amp would be used mainly for Gaming and Movies but should sound good preferably with music as well therefore be more or less a good all round receiver.

My budget is about 9K and cannot push it anymore at the moment.
I would at present be hooking this up with a set of Wharfedale Diamond 10.6 which i got from a sibling and want to eventually add a sub and some other speakers at a later stage.
Would these speakers be OK with these receivers?

Both receivers appears evenly matched for specifications and perfectly suits my needs so durability and sound quality is obviously important as i plan on keeping this for atleast a few years.

Apologies for the lengthy post.

I'm knew into the world of AV therefore any assistance would be appreciated guys including whether i could get a better receiver in my price range as these are the only two i could find brand new within my budget. Would prefer new as i want a guarantee on the unit.

Thanks in advance guys.