Advice for replacement receiver

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been lurking around the for sale section here recently, looking for a well priced receiver.

My Yamaha RX-V671 gives great sound on my small 5.1 setup in our small lounge. It has been giving some power up problems of late, and is currently sitting with Basil for some recoop time.

This break I'm on from the system, and the prices of new receivers, is giving me some time and space to reflect on my actual needs for a potential replacement.

I miss the good sound it deliveres for my music listening (via Chromecast), and as a close second listening to the zombies from all angles on some TV series.

Secondly my media pc should be able to talk to it, also via hdmi.

My old Wii is also connected to it via composite, but that isn't a hard requirement. I don't know what the quality is of the standalone composite to hdmi converters are, but I'd guess it would be good enough.

Fm radio I'd say is about requirement number 3.

The networking and Internet radio functionality I rarely use, so can live without that.

Optical I don't use. Zone two I don't use. Dsp I just left at defaults.

4k is a one day maybe requirement, so also not for now.

So I need a receiver to select form say 3 HDMI devices, and drive my speakers nicely.

A simple system with a decent price.

Any ideas where I can start looking?