Sonus Faber Advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonr

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on Sonus Faber bookshelf speakers.

Background is that I am building a new system for my father that will be in a pretty small listening room. He is currently using a set of SF Concertinos (which are really nice), and I have some SF Venere 2.5s (also really nice, but don't get used much).

My thinking is to sell both of these, put in some cash, and upgrade to a lightly used SF Olympica 1 (I really should have bought the ones recently on sale).

Source amplification will either be a Naim Uniti Atom or Cambridge Audio EVO 150 (that debate deserves another thread, especially all in one vs CXN100+Amp).

The question remains, would this bring tangible benefits, especially given the relatively modest sources under consideration, or should we just stick with the well loved Concertinos ? Or perhaps stray from the SF fold altogether ?

Low volume performance is probably the most important aspect, and the ability to handle the small room (3.5 x 3m).

Thanks