Found cure for Upgraditis......for a while !

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

skinnyfat

Apart from your financial advisor (in my case the missus) saying no, a way to prolong the onset of upgraditis is to go and listen to some of the junk out there and then come home and hear how its supposed to be. I think this also adds to the idea of people becoming 'run in' as opposed to speakers or amplifiers. You can become so used to and so complacent about your system that you feel it no longer lives up to your expectations. This was evident this weekend when we visited some friends we hadent seen for a whle. The topic of movies and music came up and of course I had to listen to his 'awesome' system. Without elaborating, I went home, switched on, and realised how great my system is and how it really does live up to my expectations and then some :!:  Will I upgrade again ??...... without doubt but not for the reasons I may have done in the past. My next upgrade will be to fill the new expectations I now have. I find myself more and more using my HC more for music than movies :shock: With the eminent purchase of a DVD-A/SACD player, the issue of speakers come up again. I was wondering what you guys thought. Should all speakers be the same model (in my case - all Q7, or all Q1) seeing as multi channel music is mixed differently to movies in that the surround channels dont only carry surround effects.

Over to you

Skinny

Latest posts