Author Topic: DT990 Premium 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic Special  (Read 1263 times)

Offline CPlanAudio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
    • CPlan Audio
DT990 Premium 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic Special
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »
Hi,

I had to bring in the latest DT990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphones 2nd generation with individual serial numbers for an order but Beyerdynamic (TID) would only send it if I brought in a batch of minimum quantity of 5 on special order

I therefore have 4 left which normally retail at R4290 but I am offering to AV Forum members for R2990 until they are sold

Please let me know if you are interested. I have a demo pair as well if you would like to try them first.

The link is :

https://www.cplanaudio.co.za/products/beyerdynamic-dt990-premium-250-ohm-audiophile-headphones

Thanks
Israel

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
Re: DT990 Premium 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic Special
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 12:15:47 PM »
If I have 880, do I need 990?

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline CPlanAudio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
    • CPlan Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
Hi.

The DT880 is much more neutral while the DT990 has a larger soundstage and a warmer sound+ more bass

I have found that gamers prefer the DT990 while audiophiles prefer the DT880. For movies the DT990s are also a lot better.

You are welcome to come past and compare them.

Regards
Israel

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »
Thank you.  That's more or less what I seemed to remember.  The premium nomenclature got me wondering. 

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline fredeb

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Lost in Music
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
I ordered a pair of these from Yisroel yesterday , and am anxiously awaiting their arrival on Monday . I'd just like to let everyone know that Yisroel is an absolute pleasure to deal with . He went out of his way to test this headset with a specific headamp that he sells , and gave me a comprehensive and honest review of the combo , rather than trying to sell another component .

Thank you kindly Yisroel !

Ari
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts