Bad Acoustics Affecting Your Parenting?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlleyCat

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Reading the article below reminded me of Helicopter parenting and piqued my interest. While reading it led to this quote "It can feel physically painful to be in a noisy environment with bad acoustics." Yes, we can relate to bad acoustics, but who thought it could lead to how you parent?

The article is about "Orchid parenting" is self explaining and the bit about the quote above is relevant about us as audiophile "persons" too relating to how sensitive we are, how we react to our sensory environment and stimulation, among other things.

We can certainly relate to this : "Highly sensitive people have been described as "orchids" who find it hard to thrive if the conditions are not right, unlike less sensitive "dandelion-type" people, which can grow in any environment. Of course, everyone needs light and warmth – and an apparent dandelion may just be an orchid-like person who was forced to deny their needs. But the metaphor might help convey that it's ok to try and modify our environment a little, to help us flourish." (My highlights).

Interesting article (especially if you are still parenting young kids, or trying to understand your neighbours 3 x under 6 year olds screaming their day away. :ROFLMAO: ):

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20230525-the-rise-of-highly-sensitive-parents

Latest posts