MiniDSP DDRC 88 A

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone purchased this product as I am interested in your impressions and recommendations? The DIRAC room eq for multi channel seems well regarded internationally which forms the basis for the MiniDSP DDRC 88. Many high end SSP and AVR utilise Dirac room eq such as Datasat and Theta. Cost excluding all import costs is $999. The Nano AVR DL could also be an option but i wanted to go 4k which is not possible with HDMI 1.4.

I have issues in my dedicated av room which is acoustically treated. Moved both JL subs (F213 and F113)midway into the room that has resulted in smoother low end and a less severe null in my main seating position. Also moved the front row seating about 25 cm forward. Results were great but the null is still 10 db (250 hz) at my sweet spot. The room is 7.5 x 4.8 m.

I have a reluctance not withstanding rave reviews which is mainly due to installing the MiniDSP in the signal path between the SSP and power amps.

My system is a 7.2.4 setup. Valve audio BW and Lexicon CX amplification for front end/surrounds and Rotel 1555 providing power to Atmos channels with Yamaha doing the processing. The 88 is a 8 channel device. I would therefore need 2 which would accomodate all channels and multiple subs. Obviously the Yamaha room eq is not yielding the required results IMO. Also ran the subs eq but is unfortunately single point.

My understanding from researching acoustics is that my problem could potentially remain with room eq systems. In which case more room treatments may be needed but also seems to have questionable results with large volume needed.

Any comments and advice would be appreciated.