Please help - valve pre-amp fading on one channel

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings to everyone. Thanks for reading this post. I have a darkvoice 336se as a pre-amp to Legacy LS200 amp running magnepans and 2 subs. I absolutely love the sound of the darkvoice (although it gets some bad rap out there I don't know why) , but I'm now having this weird issue that I can't seem to fathom.. one channel fades out and comes back again continuously. Same channel each time. I know it's the darkvoice and not my amp. I've tried the mic out and rca out with same result, I have also tube-rolled some options and ended up with a 6as7 and ess33 which sounds incredible, so I know it's not the tubes but to same result. It starts out fine for a few minutes and then starts the fade out and fade in story. It may be my imagination but it seems that very high tones somehow seem to make it through the lost channel when its down. If anyone can please point me in the right direction it would be so helpful I would really love to have it working properly and not chicken out and get another pre-amp ( especially considering my wife bought it for me as a surprise birthday gift and she feels bad about it already) 😄 It's not a complicated circuit (well not that i know enough but really theres only a handful of components) so surely it's down to a resistor or capacitor on one channel?

Attachments

• 20220914_192327.jpg
    20220914_192327.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220914_192316.jpg
    20220914_192316.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts