The great cable debate

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

skinnyfat

July 2007, Letters page 20 refers..

This, I'm sure is a topic that people have been waiting for ;D purely due to the polarized nature of the debate, there's no fence to sit on here you either are or you're not a sucker for expensive cables ;D (I guess its clear which side of the fence I'm on :D )

Mr I Anderson and Mr A Stuart provided a lovely platform for further debate particularily seeing as Mr Stuart works for a local distributor.  What was interesting was the debate over blind testing and its merits and whether the results are indeed credible. Mr Stuart was of the opinion that double blind testing was not the way to review equipment but then four lines later stated that we should "use your ears and the brain attched thereto" Surely that is exactly what a blind test is ? Or am I missing a great big piece of the picture here.

Furthermore the idea of suppliers buying 'Burn-in' machines for their cables from manufacturers made me giggle. At least its not only the public being suckered into buying non-essential equipment for vast amounts of hard-earned cash  :D :D

Anyway this is just to get the ball rolling (I'll put my giant spoon away now) and let you run with it  ;D

Latest posts