Stereo amp suggestions for my setup please!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floydthebarber71

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi there

So my Denon PMA-50 seems to have died. It doesn?t switch on anymore.

It used to be perfect for my needs I think. I live in a flat and can?t really blast my music at crazy levels. The amp was 25W per channel I think, which seemed to be just about right. I have a pair of Wharfedale Jade 3 bookshelf speakers. I mainly listen to high res music off my PC (max 192kHz and some DSD), also connected to my TV and the Bluetooth was useful.

I?ve recently got a Schiit Bifrost DAC, which my TV and PC can connect to. So I?m looking for a possible replacement of a similar spec (Class D amp?) and power, with Bluetooth ideally, but I guess I could always get a Bluetooth receiver separately? Not looking for anything high end, I guess max budget of 4k second hand.. but could consider higher if it?s a reasonable option!

The DAC is a bit on the crisp side, so a warmer sounding amp might be a good fit if that?s any consideration.

Any suggestions to fit this criteria? Would I just need an entry level receiver maybe? Thanks!

Latest posts