Samsung plasma woes part 2

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Weston

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all
For those of you around long enough, you might recall I had a fight with Samsung circa 2011 regarding a faulty plasma.
It was eventually replaced with a 51" version where I paid in a very small amount of money (faulty model was a smaller model)
The 51" was delivered circa July 2012. Two years later the panel failed. I contacted Samsung and they replaced the panel at no cost as the plasma was still in warranty. The panel was replaced in Aug of 2014.
10 months later, the replacement panel fails. This was June last year.
I contacted Samsung and to cut a long story short, I received it in writing that the panel would be replaced again at no cost to me.

Nothing happens for a few weeks and when I enquire as to when the panel is to be replaced, I'm then informed that there is no more stock of that particular model panel.
I am then told that I need to pay in approximately R4000 to get the plasma replaced with an equivalent model.
You probably won't believe this but it took from June last year until around November to get someone to listen to my concern that I felt that I was being hard done by.

Over the past two months I've been arm wrestling with one of their call centre managers trying to get him to understand my point of view or at the very least try and get the pay in amount as close to zero as possible based on the above. I'm still no closer to achieving that goal.

For those of you that perhaps understand the law a bit better than me, do I have a strong argument that as a consumer and based on the fact that I have it in writing that Samsung would replace my panel for free, I have been done an injustice so far?
If so, can anyone help me understand my options?
To say I'm frustrated is an understatement!
Cheers
Daniel

Latest posts