Recommend a set of book shelves

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimus

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need a pair of bookshelves for  a room that is about 4x4 with furniture ( sofas and av unit) in there. No room treatment.

Due to sheer stubbornness, I have tried a few different floorstanders in there. Finally, I am ready to admit defeat.

I am currently using my home office system in an ad hoc manner in this room and am surprised at how decent it sounds in there ( Cambridge CXN V1 and AX85 with MA Bronze 2) . This has led me to ask whether I really need anything more, but that's a question for another thread.

Source unit will be a cambridge 851n streamer, amplification from VA Predator. I listen to many different genres of music, including the latest pop. Not an opera or heavy metal fan. Rock and Roll , RnB, Rap, Hip Hop is all on the menu, often on the same playlist. I am going to demo some Dynaudios at my place and a member here has kindly pointed out a set of Focal Arias 906.

Lets say a budget of 40k, can be tempted to go a bit higher but I have to have my socks blown off. New or used is fine. No manufacturer is off limits. Oh, and the speakers will have to placed to a wall.

Latest posts