Line Magnetic 211IA Impressions.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

R.I.P. 23 June 2023
Reaction score
My impressions after 10 days of solid listening to this amp.
Very impressed this is one classy piece of equipment with a sound that just ropes you in and makes you want to just listen..
Vocals are amazing in their reproduction.  It has all the attributes I was looking for and  the magic that a good EL34 amp is renowned for.

:thumbs: Am not going to gush on suffice to say that I am extremely happy with:
The quality of construction which is top draw.
Sounds beautiful, a holographic mid range, sweet highs nice detailed bass which much to my surprise is tight and deep. Considering I am driving 86db speakers with it.
Very musical makes me grin from ear to ear.
No grain.  :Whoohoo:
Dead quite and apart from a hardly audible rush from the tweeter with my ear glued to it on the phono input at full volume. nothing on the line input dead quite. 
Still running in getting better all the time.
The ability to switch between Ultra Linear and Triode on the fly is great, the option brings out the magic in different types of music.

My usual amplification is an Audio Research SP16 Pre Amp and Opera Consonance Cyber 800 (6CA7) 78w Mono Blocks.
The Line Magnetic does not hang its head in this company in fact in a lot of ways I prefer it.
It's performance at low volume levels is better have to give the Opera's a bit of a crank to get them on song.
I live in a complex so this is great, late night listening is now on the cards.

Now to be fair it does not have a grip on the Bass like the more powerful Cyber 800's.  But it is not lacking either unless you heard one against the other you would not know it.  It will not play as loud that is expected but that is not why I bought it. The room is only about 1,800 cubic feet.
32w Ultra Linear or 12w triode is plenty. The results speak for them selves, plenty loud enough to piss of the neighbours.
The best way to describe the difference is that the Cyber's are for the Rock Concert experience and the Line Magnetic for the more intimate forms of music which it does better.

Am hanging on to both nice to have the choice because as we all know it is all about compromise and I now have the amps for different moods and music.  Plus the added bonus is that they both use the same valves and the valves are affordable no worries there.
Music:
Everything except Rap :cr@p:, R&B and Hip Hop.
Source Equipment:
Jolida JD 100 CDP Modified.
Rega Planar 2 Orthophn Red.
Musical Fedility XLPS V3 phono stage with Little Pinkie Power Supply.
Power Conditioning:
Furutech eTP60E with Furutech power cords.
Cables:
All Van den Hul.
Speakers:
Vandersteen 2CE Signatures.

Price a flippen bargain at R12,900 it punches way above its weight have tried plenty amps and most of them have gone straight out the door. I know what I want and this amp is a keeper.
If push came to shove I would keep it over the other set up.

Agents: Ricata are great to deal with.  The service is top draw.  :thumbs:
:clap: Thanks Trishend and Vishan for a great product and the good old fashioned service.

Latest posts