projector loss signal ? = flicker every 10 seconds

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmowp

Reaction score
hi all

founds this forum online and seems really informative thank you. am really hoping you can provide a few tips. I am trying to install a mulitmedia setup at home...

basically bought a canon projector and have installed it to ceiling and am using it in conjunction with a motorised screen. Size 2700mm wide x 1500mm high..16:9 format.

long and hsort of it, i did a trial run before installing everything and it seems fine. I ran a 20m hdmi cable from bedroom and picture as great. clear and no flickering. problem is i find is that now i have fitted it and ran cables in ceiling, i did a trial test yesterday and there is basically a flicker or flash from projector every 10 seconds or so. The bulb only has about 30 hours on it.

I am thinking its loss of signal to projector....i am needing a few splitters and hdmi switches which would hopefully boost signal. I have also been careful not to bend the cable when installing as well..

any help advice i would appreciate. i am failry new to all of this.

Latest posts