My experience with the Bauer Audio Phono stage

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockmeister

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Review on Bauer Phono
There are a few components that are so spiritual they call your name from the second you get home .....And this is one of them

My first impression of the bauer audio phono was at Guillaumes house a demo i would never forget , i went there to rewire my turntables tonearm when he invited me to have a seat and listen to some components that was mostly unkown to me at the time.

I heard many good things that day and a few demos after that the component that always caught my ear was a rather slick but humble looking phono stage (no bling here). Just 2 little black boxes and no flips or switches just a powet on switch and thats it internally wired to 47kohm so a fancy fit for almost any high output mc the market has on offer.

Earlier this year i decided it was time to finally commit to one and i can honestly say i am a changed man. Starting with the warmup ,the Bauer benefits from around a hour and a half pre listening warmup to reach its full potential. When it does its unlike any of its rivals the phono is basically a musical intrument, it is dynamic and revealing yet never leaves you cold or iritated even the harshess 1950s ramsey lewis recordings leaves you begging for more of whats to offer.

I believe this is my end game phono stage as most costing 2 times the price will not deliver the natural abbility this little rocket gives one. The imaging is unmatched by any other phono i have heard. The bauer is not your average consumer friendly product it is a phono built for a true enthusiast.

I have been living with it for 4 months after having my previous unit for 2 years and the bauer treats me everytime i sit down and put a needle to the black. I urge you to have a listen to one when looking for your next phono stage.

Pairing
Vivid v1.5
Cardas cables clear light
Gryphon Callisto 2100
Well tempered lab amadeus gta mk2 with external psu
Sumiko starling

Other phonos i compared
Rega aria
Ear 834p
Synthesis roma phono
Valve Audio Whisper

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk