Marantz AV Receiver cutting out

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prodigy6630

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Marantz 1504 5.1 Receiver with a pair of B&W 685 S2's which was working ok but I wanted more bass to my speakers.

I find I have to push volume fairly high, 50-60 to start hearing decent bass from my 685's. So I set the front speaker setting to large, disabled my subwoofer as it doesn't help with stereo music listening any way and pushed up the low frequencies on the manual equilizer settings and it sounded way better ... For a few minutes that is, until it started cutting out.

I was streaming audio over a gigabit LAN which has no bottlenecks as I can stream 20gb 1080p action movies without a single stutter but now audio streams for 10 seconds and then cuts out. I tried to play audio from USB flash and have the same problem.

The strange thing though is when I play the tuner or dstv through the receiver with the same equilizer settings it plays fine.

Do you think I need more power to drive the 685's and if so, what would you guys think would compliment this setup?

If someone know the Marantz receivers well, could you recommend which settings works best for you.

Thanks

Latest posts