How do you cope with hearing loss if you love music?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamb Chop

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Lamb Chop. This is my first post. I have never posted on a forum before. My life, as a youngster has been mostly idyllic so far. I love music. I have a little stereo setup in my room I inherited from my pop.

Unfortunately one evening my one ear starting ringing and has just never stopped since then. I noticed my speakers do not sound balanced anymore. It kept on sounding louder in the one channel. I went to the doc who sent me to an ENT, blah, blah, blah. I have permanent hearing loss in one ear :( Not complete loss, but about 30% and very dominant in certain ranges of frequency. There's nothing they can do for me.

Sadly, it's ruined my joy when listening to my music. My system is just gathering dust. All it seems to do is make me hyper-aware of my hearing loss when I use it. I have noticed if I use my phones earphones, my hearing loss is not noticeable really.

So my questions, sorry for the rambling, is it bad to listen to headphones if you already have issues with hearing?
Is there anyone else here that has hearing loss and how do you cope with it. My life without music would just not be the same :(

Latest posts