How many of you like the sound system in your car?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love mine. I lucked out as the used car I got had a Meridian system which sounds great. Topped up by being tuned to the car space and the ability to go really really loud because of the cars sound treatment makes it the car a great place to listen to music.

I have a really awesome system at my place, but given I live in an apartment I really can't crank it up loud. I just don't like going loud when it can disturb others (not everyone may like what I like or in the moment). In the car I have no such qualms. I am a bit of a bass head and being able to play my tunes loud makes my day whatever else maybe happening. I sometimes times drive to Pretoria and back, and have a literal blast on the drive. Often I listen with volume set 18-21, which is pretty loud by itself. But when its my faves the dial has crept to 48-51 (just to give a relative indication), the top is 60, iirc. Of course dialing back from 48 to 18, suddenly makes the same music that sounded loud enough feel a bit quiet, till my ears adjust.

The amazing thing is the complete lack of distortion no matter the source - FM or my phone (bluetooth or usb). Everything just sounds clean and detailed. Love it.

Sometimes when I am in the mood I will just sit and listen to songs in my car in the parking. I prefer this to headphones for loud music sessions.

Latest posts