Home Theatre Room Set-Up Advice Needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kshah

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Apology for the repost, got zero responses on the other thread, so I'm hoping to get lucky here.

Hi guys, needing some advice:

I have this studio apartment (which was previously a double garage) which I want to convert to my ht room and man cave.

I am not sure how to best utilise the space.

I've attached a pic of the layout with measurements as best I could. The bed is currently as in the pic and the bathroom pictured at the top of the pic merely has a screen to protect one's modesty (did I mention that this was a studio apartment?)

Ideally I'm going to move the cupboard and have a new cupboard incorporating the entrance to the bathroom. (the bathroom is open with no door / just a screen)

I would also like to keep the bed set in there, if i can (in case the wife kicks me out), or reposition it on the opposite wall next to the bathroom.

My thinking is the little "alcove" area next to where the bed is may be most suitable and most efficient in using space and for cabling too.

I just worry that the 3.00 or so meters which is 600mm deep, may not be ideal for for my system to sound good.

I have an L shaped recliner lounge set for this room, but placement will depend on where the TV is mounted.

System is a Marantz 7015 running 5.2.4 (that's the plan) as this is the equipment on hand.

The TV is to be bought, but is going to be either 65"/75".

May also keep my stereo set here too, Marantz pm7000 and MA floorstanders

Thank a million for looking and the invaluable advice
bac272d0975fd21776e4edb8d202c48d.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts