Home theater Sub woofer levels help

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intuition

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi members,

I'm looking to hear some wisdom from an AVR + home theater perspective on my setup : my subwoofer levels are worrying me for the reason that i have to turn its own gain up full for the bass to be at the same level as the rest of the speakers and what to know if it would be normal or wrong to need to do this. With alternate configuration connecting the sub directly to my sound card sub out i cant even turn the sub's gain to 25% then its too much bass versus other frequencies also with this config i have two volumes i need to adjust witch isn't nice.
I have recently been informed of volume attenuation that's why i'm trying not to take it lightly and Max all volumes to my AVR for no signal loss.

Configuration :

ASUS Xonar Essence ST sound card + 7.1 board going to pioneer vsx-919 ah receiver's multi-channel inputs and then out from there to the various speakers including the subwoofer. AVR + Sound Card Crossover at 80hz. Sound Card + Music or Media Volumes all at Max.

Also another interesting thing is movies and videos (Media Player Classic) requires a lot more volume than listening to foobar but not sure if its only normal that i need to put my pioneer on -28db for movies and -45db for music in foobar.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Latest posts