Holo Audio Serene Class A pre-amp

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Holo Audio is known for its DACs, extreme build quality, and excellent sound, all with a high performance-to-price ratio. I am confident, based on my own experience and of feedback of those that had the exposure, that the much-discussed RED streamer will continue to build on Holo's reputation - the current worldwide shortage of these units is a testimony of how a small but focused company can make inroads in a tough market.

However, it is not only in the digital domain that Holo is making waves; the Serene Pre Amp, a discreet class-A full-function pre-amp, is also making inroads, and so is the Bliss a dedicated Headphone amplifier(more on this later, though). Based on the feedback from a very discerning user, the Serene is everything the following reviews highlight.

I hope you enjoy the videos and comments from Stereophile,

Thanks, Stefan

https://www.stereophile.com/content...re-kondo-holoaudio-serene-preamplifier-page-2
And the Exec summary from Herb Reichert

"Because the HoloAudio Serene preamp is so supertransparent—quiet, vivid, and flat-out exciting to use—I have already made it my one-and-only reference preamp. When coupled with Pass Labs' XA25 power amplifier, it is the most invisible audio amplification I've ever used."

Last edited: