Help setting up my home theater system & some other questions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanghailoz

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone to recommend someone (or even people who just want to help!) to help me setup my home theatre setup.
I have a smallish budget

I have all the bits already, its really just help + assistance + running cables.
I have a 3M remote controlled projector screen I brought back from China a year ago, that I need to install on a wall.
Need to mount my projector in the ceiling. (Mitsubishi HC4000).  I have the ceiling brackets.  I also have HDMI -> Ethernet -> HDMI connectors for the video.  Also need to wire up speakers to optimal placement and mount them. (Harmon Kardon 518, Kef speakers)

I've had it psuedo setup for 2 years now, and really need  a kick in the butt to finish and get it done.
Downside - the wall is made of really really really crappy brick, so almost nothing stays in.  I may need to get floor standing mounts instead of wall mounts, still pondering that.

I also need to get my sub fixed, and need a recommendation for where to take it. Its an electronics issue common to that sub. 
I don't know where to get parts, and probably easier to take it somewhere, as my soldering skills are a bit dodgy!  I have opened it up, and looks like someone worked on it before, which isn't great, but i'd like to try have it fixed.

If someone also knows someone who fixes speakers, I need a tweeter replaced in one of the speakers too (someone poked a finger into one!)

Any recommendations for people to talk to to get it done?  Preferable southern suburbs (CT)

Thanks in advance!