Help needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cross_over

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
So I hope that some of resident experts can assist with my question.

I am trying to assist a friend to sort out his system that consists of a pair of active KEF X300A speakers. Rest of the kit is a dedicared media pc running JRiver 19 and a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. He also owns a JVC turntable andcassette deck. Here is the question. The speakers have a digital input via USB and an analogue input on a mini jack socket. At the moment the cassette deck and turntable remains unused. The SM6 is connected from its analogue outputs into the line in on the PC which in turn is connected to the soeakers via USB. Is there a way to convert the SPDIF digital output from the SM6 to USB and is thete a device that will be able to switch between more than one USB source. Digitising the signal from the cassette deck and turntable is easy with an ADC, but again we end up with SPDIF that will have to be converted to USB. He would prefer not to use the analogue in on the speakers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk