Good Service from Sound Systems in Rosebank

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santoshlv426

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who would have thought that no obligation home demo's are anachronistic ? Today, I had the rare opportunity to listen to the Bose 900 at home.

Trevor from Sound Systems brought two units over viz. the larger 900 and smaller 300 unit. I only heard the 900 as it kept more in line with my tastes. And the reason for writing this is to compliment Sound Systems for offering this service. Listening to a soundbar in one's own environment makes the world of difference and next best to being loaned a unit. With the 900 costing R65K incl the subwoofer, I suppose the latter is out of the question.

A few words on the sound itself, the 900's soundstage belies it's physical size. It takes "sound samples" from 5 points around the room and did deliver what Trevor pointed out as a defining feature ie. it's ability to present the same sound stage and imaging anywhere in a room as opposed to a single sweet spot. there was no Dolby Atmos track, so I didn't get a chance to experience that. If it's 5.1 simulated ability is anything to go by, it would be equally impressive.

If in the market for a soundbar in this price range, give this unit a demo.

Latest posts