F1 TV Mini Review

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieOrg

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
So this weekend was my first experience with the Android F1 TV app.

I subscribed for a year on a special to try this out as an alternative to dstv.  1 year cost was +- R850 with discount if I remeber correctly.

The Android app gives you access to all F1 sessions live. In session Broadcasting is done by the same people as on Dstv with no other commentating before a session although you get a video feed when they go live with a session untill the session starts.  There are some other programs on F1 as well but I did not watch this so cant comment.

F2 and Porsche cup are included but I did not get time to watch. You also get access to all  historical F1 races at any time.

The app itself is ok - I only used the streaming part.  A session is advertised on the landing page and is indicated live when available for streaming via a play button.

So far so good - especially if you live by your phone...

But I dont and as most of us we have a big screen Tv etc.

So this left me with casting to my Tv via my MiBox. This was horrible. The screen stuttered most of the time although sound and image quality was acceptable othetwise.  The other thing that irritated me was I kept getting Whatsapps on Tv while I was trying to watch F1.

Any suggestions here would be appreciated improving the casting and stuttering.. 

Connection was wifi over a 20mbs adsl line. We only buffered once at which point I had to restart the phone.

I fail to see how this casting thing is supposed to be the new sliced bread - maybe Im just too old and grumpy.

There is no Android tv app - Im still struggling to sideload the app on the MiBox as an alternative.

There is an Apple TV app in the pipeline - supposedly. If this comes through id probably renew.

Otherwise it was nice to watch F1 again although its completely boring now with Ferrari and Verstappen not being competative. I hope this improves [emoji39]

I hope this helps if somebody is interested...

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Latest posts